Whew, the holidays have begun you guys! I struggle to get back into the rhythm of things after an extended break – are you feeling that right now too?
We spent Thanksgiving in Wisconsin with my family this year and since it’s hard to lump our holiday into one post, I decided to write a list of the highlights! So here we go:
1) Family. It’s not very often that my sisters are all back at my parent’s farm at the same time and we’ve learned to treasure the weekends when we’re all together like this! It was an added treat to see my Grandma D on Thanksgiving and Grandma W for brunch.
2) The food. Oh my, the food! My mom always sets the bar high for Thanksgiving dinner and this year she even changed things up with new renditions of our family classics.
3) I spent Thanksgiving morning in the kitchen with my mom! This rarely ever happens because she usually kicks me out within 20 minutes, ha!
4) Instead of contributing to the Black Friday chaos, my sisters, Brandon, and I went to a movie theater and saw The Night Before.
5) The entire family went ice skating! From my 3 year old nephew to my dad, almost all of us got out on the ice while my mom hung out under the heaters with my 8 month old nephew.
6) Small Biz Saturday! We shopped State Street in Madison on Small Biz Saturday and had a blast! It was great to see so many people out and about.
Tell me – where did you celebrate Thanksgiving? What’s a highlight from your holiday?